With many things to do in Stockholm, this city is one of those places that fall in love at first sight despite not being very large. In addition to all its places full of charm, its location on several islands fill it with large canals and green areas to relax, making it the perfect place to spend a few days.
Stroll through its historic center Gamla Stan, until you find the beautiful Stortorget square, enjoy the Vasa or Skansen museums, take a cruise on its canals, see the city from several viewpoints or make the route of the famous Millennium books, are just a few of the places to visit in Stockholm.
We have made this list of the best 50 things to see and do in Stockholm, remembering our trip to Stockholm in 4 days. We start!
1. Enjoy one of the best views of Stockholm from the Mariaberget, plus you can bring some food and drink to wait for the sunset over the city.
2. Cruise the Stockholm archipelago, with beautiful views of the city and the islands.
3. Cross the Skeppsholmsbron bridge to make one of Stockholm's postcard photos, with the crown in the foreground and the background of Gamla Stan.
4. Go early, so as not to run out of places, to guided tours to get to know the Stockholm City Hall or Stadshuset, one of the most emblematic places in the city. You can't miss the Blue Room, where the Nobel Prizes and the subsequent banquet are held every year.
5. Visit the oldest open-air museum in the world, Skansen. Located on the island of Djurgården, it is a delight to stroll through its 150 houses and farms that represent Swedish life throughout history. You can eat at one of its stalls since the tour of the park can take a long time.
6. Tour Gamla Stan, the historic center of Stockholm, full of narrow streets and charming corners.
More things to see and do in Stockholm
11. Go shopping on the SoFo in the southern part of Fokungagatan on the island of Sodërmalm. Full of charming shops, coffee shops and a bohemian atmosphere that lives up to the neighborhood that inspired it, the SoHo.
12. Cross the Mårten Trotzigs Gränd alley at Gamla Stan, the narrowest street in Stockholm that is only 90 centimeters wide.
13. Tour the Municipal Library, with a circular design and lots of books. It will leave you speechless.
14. Book a free tour of Stockholm with a guide in Spanish to learn about its history and anecdotes. If you want a wider visit we can take this other 3-hour tour.
15. Stroll through the beautiful Stadshusparken while making time to climb the Town Hall Tower.
16. Go up to the Town Hall Tower, Stadshuset, one of the essential places to visit in Stockholm.
46. Get to «The long island”, Långholmen. There you can go through its green areas or even swim in one of its sandy beaches.
47. Go up to the Katarina elevator to have stunning panoramic views of the city from Sodërmalm.
48. Have a Viking experience, with music and traditional food at the Aifur Krog & Bar restaurant.
49. Enter the Åhléns, a Galeries Lafayette Swedish, and buy warm clothes if you thought it was hot in summer in Stockholm.
50. Cross one of the 57 bridges in Stockholm and stand in the middle, look towards the sea and think about how you had not visited this beautiful city before.
If you feel like helping us complete the list of 50 things to see and do in Stockholm, add yours in the comments.