This Florence guide in 3 days It will help you to plan the routes on foot and by bus and so you do not miss any important place in this city, considered as an authentic open-air museum.
During the first two days you will have visited the most important streets and squares such as the Duomo, della Signoria and Santa Croce, the Uffizi and Academia galleries, the Ponte Vecchio and the viewpoint of the Piazzale Michelangelo, among many other things. On this third day we suggest you visit some of the wonders that are closest to the city, such as Pisa, San Gimignano and Siena.
Based on the experience of the 3 times we have visited this city, the last one on a trip to Florence from Rome in one day, we have made this itinerary of Florence in three days, optimizing the time to the maximum. We start!
Useful tips for Florence
This list of tips for traveling to Florence will help you save money and time on your trip:
- To get from the airport of Florence or Pisa to the city center or to your hotel, you have several options: train, bus, taxi or this direct transfer to the hotel. You can expand the information in this post on how to go from the Florence airport to the center.
- To stay in Florence we recommend the Globus Urban Hotel, located 5 minutes walk from the Santa Maria Novella train station and 10 minutes from Piazza del Duomo.
- Learn about the history of the city and its anecdotes by booking this free tour Free! or this offer that includes the guided tour of the city, the Uffizi Gallery and the Academy, without queues and with a guide in Spanish.
- Visit the most famous monuments such as the Cathedral first thing in the morning to avoid numerous organized groups.
- Check the prices of the cards and the cutlery, before sitting on any terrace or entering a tourist restaurant.
- Use some words in Italian like Buon giorno (hello formal), ciao (hello and informal goodbye), prego (you're welcome), per favor (please), bene (well), grazie (thank you), non lo so ( I don't know), scusa (excuse me).
- If you do not want to pay commissions when withdrawing money from ATMs and always have the current exchange, we recommend using the N26 card to pay and the BNEXT card to get money, our two favorite cards for travel.
First day in Florence
The first day of the route in Florence in 3 days, start early visiting the Battistero di San Giovanni, Campanile de Giotto and the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, the three jewels of the Piazza del Duomo. Of these three buildings do not miss the views from the Campanile and from the dome of the Cathedral, the Door of Paradise of the Battistero and the paintings inside the dome.
Keep in mind to prepare your visits that the Battistero and Campanile open at 8: 15h, the viewpoint of the dome of the cathedral at 8: 30h and the interior of the Cathedral at 10h.
If you want to make these visits in a more comfortable way we recommend you book these excursions with a guide in Spanish:
- Excursion to Pisa and climb to the Leaning Tower
- Excursion to Pisa, San Gimignano and Siena
- Excursion to San Gimignano, Siena and Chianti
- Excursion to the Cinque Terre
- Excursion to Lucca and Pisa
* More tours and excursions from Florence here